Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Blackburn 1-0 Liverpool

And so our run ends. It's a shame, because in many ways it's a match we dominated - 14 shots on target, unfortunately finding Friedel in fine form. (Look at him, James, Kirkland - and how desperate we've been for a decent 'keeper for as long as I can remember)

Sadly, I'd said recently that the lack of a clinical might cost us. Then again, I can remember several of our players (Carra, Cisse, Baros) sustaining serious injuries at Ewood Park and every time saying 'I'd rather we lost the match with no injuries'.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the best thing is that we came out of Ewood Park without any fresh injuries. Still, our forward play and finishing away from Anfield is worrying. Gonzalez and Pennant have yet to show me that they are worth their transfer fees.
    Nice blog, check out my blog as well:
    www.newyorkanfielder.blogspot.com

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a defender hitting a rich vein of form...just seems strange saying it. I've always associated that phrase with a striker netting goals in 3 or 4 straight games...but full credit to Carragher, I think he's really found form lately.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete