Sunday, March 23, 2008

White Easter

Last night I went out for a few drinks with a couple of old school friends, neither of whom I'd seen in about a year. There wasn't too much gossip to catch up on really, but it was nice to see them again and find out where they were living, who they were seeing, what they were doing (both just got jobs), etc.

It was pretty cold, but I wasn't expecting to wake up today to snow. There are plenty of pictures of the white Easter on the BBC website. It's too bad I'm not in Oxford, which I always think looks quite picturesque in snow, although it's better that I don't have much to do and can enjoy the warmth indoors.

Sadly, it seems that after a few years of buying us CDs (presumably because we'd out-grown eggs), my mum's gone back to buying my brother and I Easter eggs. I did pass a advert for Now 69 today that was marketing it as something like the 'perfect gift for Easter', so maybe we're now unusual in that respect...

1 comment:

  1. There were flurries here yesterday, but not enough snow that anything settled on the ground (as far as I could tell). But when the wind blew it got bitterly cold: I was practically driven off Port Meadow by a storm sweeping down the Meadow (and when I'd gone out 20 minutes earlier, there was a cloudless sky).

    ReplyDelete