Friday, February 05, 2010

Interviewees CVs

Via a comment on the Philosophy Smoker, I found that you can see the CVs for four interviewees for a tenure-track position in Ethics at University of Florida. Since those of us on the market often have only a vague idea of what we're up against, this kind of insight into who is competitive for such a hire is potentially very helpful. That said, however, three of them are ABD with no significant publications, so presumably being looked at more on grounds of potential and great letters of recommendation. Unfortunately, since I don't even know what my referees write, I can't know how I compare there...

1 comment:

  1. I don't know about the ins and outs of Philosophy, but in general the US academic job market is very dissimilar to the UK academic job market, so I'm not sure how useful the comparison is, even in the absence of your knowledge of the contents of the referees' letters.

    ReplyDelete