Monday, July 21, 2008

Another Publication

I have a piece on 'Acts of Self-Harming Protest and the Definition of Terrorism' in the lastest issue of the Review Journal of Political Philosophy. (Sadly, minimal online presence, though table of contents here). Congratulations to my friend Rob, who's also represented in this special issue on terrorism, torture and the use of violence. And thanks again to Thom Brooks for bringing the CFP to my attention.

UPDATE: They have a new website (see my subsequent post).

5 comments:

  1. The other pieces all look quite interesting. I sent my piece to David Rodin, and he seemed at least vaguely interested from his reply. We shall what'll happen with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess philosophers tend to be interested in stuff in their field of expertise, especially if it directly engages with their own research. Now it's in print though, I don't suppose too much more will come of it - unless you plan on writing more about terrorism?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at the moment, although the last post-doc proposal I drafted included promises to do something about just war theory - as part of a project on the moral demands of non-ideal theory more generally - so I suppose it could come into that. I don't suppose you're going to write anything else about it either; in fact, does your job say anything about doing research at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's expected, because it is a full time job, but obviously what they're really paying me to do is teach. I guess I'll be trying to revise and submit material from my thesis, with a view to the longer term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congrats! It is wonderful to see the RJPP doing better and better. Jeremy has done a terrific job since taking over from me: I continue to be impressed!

    ReplyDelete