Monday, May 07, 2007

Job Applications and CVs

I'm currently battling my ways through job applications. Well, only two so far, but I already have an idea how much work this would be. Why can't all employers use standard forms, or simply CVs? And what are they looking for in personal statements anyway? (Thanks to Dan and, especially, Chris for feedback on mine, incidentally).

I'm also thinking about my CV. A fairly recent teaching one is on the department's teaching register, here. (These may all be Oxford only - unless I by-passed that by linking straight to them). I've been comparing it to some others, particularly those who are more experienced - e.g. Steve, Keith and John. Maybe it's about time mine had a fairly thorough overhaul...

1 comment:

  1. This looks fine to me, but bear in mind that I have never successfully applied for a job.

    ReplyDelete