Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Dinners

I had my first two Christmas dinners in college back in 8th week (for the students' benefit). Last night was actually my fourth - a six-course, black-tie affair in college with copious amounts of wine.

The night before those of us from 10 Merton Street had a works outing to Loch Fyne - with slightly less wine but in between pints before and after.

I think I need to make new year's resolutions to eat and drink less and exercise more...

Then again, at least nothing like this happened - closest I came was a peck on the cheek after walking a colleague home!

4 comments:

  1. "closest I came was a peck on the cheek after walking a colleague home!"

    This is both too much and not enough information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't that suggest it was about right?

    It really was no more than that - the innocent sort you get from visiting relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so. Consider the piece of information, I once kissed your mother (this is a hypothetical example, BTW). If nothing else happened, I don't want to know at all: it's too much information. Yet, because other things might have happened, it's not enough information to know what did happen. It is both too much information and not enough. I am now wondering exactly what lengths I am prepared to go to avoid working on my thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So perhaps you mean it is either too much OR too little...

    If you're really that bored/determined to procrastinate you could have another go at the song lines - although there are probably better things to do.

    ReplyDelete