Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bacon

My flatmate Pavel is a strange chap sometimes. He largely lives on a diet of beans, toast, egg and chicken. I just found out tonight he'd branched out into some smoked bacon - except apparently he just sat down and began eating this out the pack (like one might for ham).

Glyn told him he really couldn't/shouldn't eat it raw, so he microwaved a slice (for 33 seconds), but said it didn't taste as nice. Being vegetarian, I'm not an expert on meat preparation, but this still sounded strange to me (as well as Glyn).

We had a look at the packet. 'Ensure product is thoroughly cooked before serving. Not suitable for microwave cooking'.

I'm glad that, compared to Pavel at least, I'm vaguely capable of cooking...

UPDATE: I'd forgotten how much I hate the smell of bacon (especially frying) - I'd personally rather he went back to raw meat!

4 comments:

  1. Horrible stuff, bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:47 pm

    Trichinosis would be the big concern: horrible parasites you get from raw pork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:10 am

    Trichinosis is rare these days but why chance it? Being stupid does not honor God.
    By Christian Peper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:11 am

    Trichinosis is rare these days but why chance it? Being stupid does not honor God.
    By Christian Peper

    ReplyDelete