Friday, September 22, 2006

Publishing

I said previously that I was looking forward to meeting Colin Farrelly, who's on a year's sabbatical in Oxford. It seems he's here now, and more interestingly (in the immediate short term at least), his latest post also has some reflections on the publishing pressures facing young/aspiring academics.

Personally, I think I'll be aiming to get out on the market just after the 2008 RAE. As such, it seems perhaps it isn't worth losing too many good ideas/articles before that date, but on the other hand the best way to show I have potential to get things published is to have done it.

Ho hum.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking forward to meeting Colin Farrelly, who's on a year's sabbatical in Oxford. It seems he's here now...

    Yes, he is. I was in the pub with him last night, and very good company he is, too.

    ReplyDelete