Friday, April 21, 2006

Handover Dinner

Perhaps I wasn’t as successful as I could have been Wednesday night in having a quiet one, but I’d deliberately saved myself for last night’s handover dinner – the old and new GCR committees going out, on GCR budget (of course).

We had a meal at the Bombay – which is a decent Indian restaurant in the Jericho/Walton St area of Oxford, particularly noted for its BYOB policy. Apparently we got through 27 bottles by the end of the night – in the GCR much later – and had a few leftovers.

Sadly I was feeling rather dodgy, and didn’t really feel like taking full advantage of either food or alcohol. I managed some poppadoms, onion bhajis and vegetable biryani, after which I felt better. Indeed, I stayed drinking, chatting and passing ice cubes(!) in the GCR until almost 2:30am before walking home with Ed.

Needless to say, today I feel even worse – though at least a hangover, unlike general ill-/run down-ness came with a good time before. I’m very glad I cancelled my invigilation this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment