Saturday, June 30, 2007

Goodbye Fopp

This hardly ranks as the loss of another Oxford institution, but it seems the relatively new Fopp on Gloucester Green is to close, with the rest of the chain. I was quite excited when it opened, having heard good things from my brother in Reading. As it happens, I rarely made the trip - Gloucester Green seems far away for such a small store, when Virgin and HMV are so close - and don't think I ever bought anything there. It seems there strength was more regular low prices, rather than fantastic sale bargains (my preferred purchase). Still, it's a shame to see it go so soon.

I don't know when the final closure happens, and I can't be bothered to make the special trip into town, but any bargain hunters in the area may want to check for closing down sales...

No comments:

Post a Comment