Praesidium

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tennis

Well, Henman's defeat marks the end of British involvement in Wimbledon singles. It was all my fault as, having seen the first set at lunchtime, I was drawn into going back upstairs and watching the fifth set after finding that Henman had levelled.

I'm playing too, but - as usual - I lost in three sets to Pavel tonight. Between us, we did manage to (mis)hit a few good shots, but it was the final game that summed things up. Serving for the match, Pavel confidently predicted at 15-0 'just three more points'. Well, I not only took him to deuce, but even two break points. His victory finally game after we'd both closed to the net, I smashed a volley right at him, and his winning shot was literally no more than a block...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home