Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Egalitarianism

I volunteered to teach a visiting American undergraduate a course on political theory with special focus on egalitarianism next term. Though it's not my thesis area (which would be ideal, but unlikely) I figure it's something I already know plenty about, having sat through Jerry Cohen's Contemporary Political Philosophy graduate class three times in all now, and so being regularly exposed to Rawls, Dworkin, luck egalitarianism, etc.

I noitce a new collection of essays edited by Nils Holtug and Kasper Lippert-Rasmussen has recently come out - details, including contents, from Amazon or OUP. It looks like I may have to take a look to make sure I'm up-to-date. Hopefully this is the paper Tom Christiano sent me a draft of some time ago finally in print - it's about time, because I've already seen one fellow student give a presentation on it!

UPDATE: What I think (of the introduction) here.

1 comment:

  1. Stuart White's lecture series (MT 06) on egalitarian thinking was excellent. His lecture notes are very comprehensive, and can be found at:

    http://www.politics.ox.ac.uk/teaching/ug/reading_lists/203/materials/current.asp

    ReplyDelete