Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Liverpool 0-1 Barcelona (agg 2-2)

It's been a long while since I was so happy with a defeat! I actually said to my friend Jonas before the Man Utd match that, if someone had offered me 1-0 defeats in both with the sweetener of no injuries then I'd probably have accepted it (losing to the Mancs hurts, but there’s not much left to fight for in the Premiership whereas this puts us through on away goals).

What does disappoint me is losing consecutive games at Anfield, for the second time this year – when really, we should have been about three-nil up at half-time. Riise alone could easily have had a hat-trick, and Momo Sissoko also hit the crossbar with a great 35-yard first-time shot.

As it was, Gudjohnsen’s goal in 76 minutes made for some nervy moments towards the end – when I was worried the commentator’s curse would doom us, but we held on, with Carragher again magnificent at the back. If Terry’s still out, then JC has to start the up-coming England games.

No comments:

Post a Comment