Saturday, November 03, 2007

Blackburn 0-0 Liverpool

Blackburn's a difficult place to go and they're a team that have already drawn with Arsenal and Chelsea this season. Nonetheless, I can't help feeling that - though undefeated - we're drawing too many games now. I wouldn't say our set-up was too defensive, but we didn't seem to press for a goal until the last 15 minutes or so and it's surely no coincidence that we looked more dangerous with Crouch on. I can't understand why Kuyt's being preferred.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 pm

    That's all I've been reading about. Kuyt and how we should have played Crouch. My feeling is that the big man is getting sold in the January transfer window and that's why he is not playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that too, but even if true doesn't seem to make sense not to play him. We should try to get the most out of him that we can and if he scores a few it boosts his value, whereas if he's clearly surplus to requirements we won't get the £12m rumoured in the summer. (Ditto Momo).

    ReplyDelete